Personal Data Protection Notice
Notice and Consent Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), we are required to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being collected and further processed. The Act seeks to amongst other things; regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions and to safeguard the interests of data subjects i.e. you.
1. This Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Act and serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of Melaleuca Southeast Asia (M) Sdn. Bhd.
2. The personal data processed by us may include information concerning your personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, education, race, ethnic origin, nationality, citizenship), contact details (such as address, email, phone numbers), and family information (such as marital status, name of spouse or child or immediate family.
3. The Purposes for which your personal data may be used and/or processed include but are not limited to: -
a. to verify your identity;
b. to engage in business transactions in respect of products and/or services to be offered and provided to and/or by you;
c. for our day-to-day operations and administrative purposes including file management, billing and collection, audits, reporting etc.;
d. to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you;
e. to process any communications you send us;
f. to assist any government agencies or bureaus or bodies including for the purposes of police or regulatory investigations;
g. to facilitate your compliance with any laws or regulations applicable to you;
h. providing services to you and providing you information relating to our products and services, including promotional and direct marketing material. If you do not wish to receive any promotional or direct marketing material please notify us via our contact details below;
i. conducting our internal activities, internal market surveys and trend analysis; or such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
4. The personal data that is being processed by us includes information that you have provided in your emails, all application/registration/change request forms, information that you may provide us from time to time.
5. Data may also be generated or combined with other information available to Melaleuca, its affiliates, subsidiaries, associated entities and any of their branches and office (together or individually).
You may at any time make a request in writing for correction of your personal data by emailing your request to [email protected]
or by faxing us at 1800-826-826.
In accordance with the Act:
a. We may charge a prescribed fee for processing your request for access or correction; and
b. We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data, and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and the reason for our refusal.
7. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties such as but not limited to:
a. banks, auditors, governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies;
b. credit check companies;
c. any such third party requested or authorized by you
for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection, or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes.
8. The provision of the information listed above is voluntary / obligatory in nature. However, please note that if you fail to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
9. Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia for the purposes and to such third parties stated in this Notice.
10. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data that you have provided to us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
11. If we do not hear from you on the above within the next fourteen (14) days, we shall assume that you are agreeable to the same.
Your continued usage of your membership with us, shopping account and/or subscribed services is deemed consent for us to collect process and store the data in accordance with the above. Failure to consent to the above may result in you not being able to continue shopping and maintain your account and/or business with us.
, or you may reach us by telephone at
Last Revised: April 1, 2009
© Copyright 2022 Melaleuca Southeast Asia (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (AJL931790).
Any use or reproduction of these contents without the prior consent of Melaleuca, Inc. is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved.
For purposes of this policy, Melaleuca is defined as: Melaleuca of Asia Ltd. Co., Melaleuca of Australia & New Zealand Pt. Ltd., Melaleuca of Canada, Inc., Melaleuca of Japan, Inc., Melaleuca of Korea, Ltd (a Korea corp), Melaleuca Corporation, S. de R.L. de C.V., Melaleuca of Southeast Asia (Singapore) Pte Ltd. (a SNG corp), Melaleuca of Europe, Ltd. (a UK corp), Melaleuca of Southeast Asia (Malaysia) SDN. BHD., Melaleuca of Europe (Germany) GmbH.